Maybe I will remember this time ...

People who lie think others lie also. I wish I could remember that.

I am an honest, truth-telling person. I don't feel the need to fabricate things or weave falsehoods. I am who I am and I don't make things up to try to change your opinion of me or change how you act toward me. I have messed up in my life many times. Some have been big mess ups, some small. If we are swapping stories, I will tell you about how I messed up. I own my mistakes. Some I would really like to change, I'll admit that to you too.

 I forget that others don't feel this way. I forget that to some people lying is a way of life. They are so used to making things up and hiding their actions or mistakes that they assume everyone else does the same thing. I am surprised when I see people cheating. I am startled when their version of what happened does not resemble the actual occurrence. I actually believe what people tell me. I know we all see different side of an issue or occurrence, I am not talking about that, I am talking about changing events to suit your need.

I am a HUGE optimist.  I always look for and see the best in people. I forget that not everyone feels the same way about being truthful as I do. When I look at someone, I see a basic, human goodness. There are very few people I do not see that way right from the beginning. Sometimes I think I see who someone is more than I see what they look like. This does not always serve me in good stead.

Maybe I will remember the next time that liars think I am a liar as well. Maybe I will question all the they tell me after I hear them lying to others. Maybe I will. No, I know I won't. I will give them the benefit of the doubt again. I will get hurt again when they think I have lied. I will realize again that not all people are honest and vow to never get caught trusting them again. 

But I will break that vow.
I will look for the best and trust.
That is who I am.

Comments

Popular Posts