New Beginnings

New Beginnings

We are about to embark on a new adventure. Our son D, daughter-in-law A, granddaughter A age 7, grandaughter M age 3, granddaughter C age 2, granddaughter X age 1 and granson R age 3 months will be moving in with us in about a month. We are excited for the chance to spend time with them, but know there will be challenges. I decided it is time to blog again and share some of our experiences.

So far this morning has been busy. X woke up at 6am. She was sleeping on an air mattress in our bedroom. She could not be persuaded to return to sleep after a diaper change so I kissed Tom and X and I grabbed Tippy the kitten, let the dogs out of their crates and came downstairs.

I put the dogs out as X climbed up into her highchair and talked and yodeled to me. We went to the liveing room and she sat in my lap as I caught up on Facebook. She got bored with that so she went to play. Of course, on the way, she had to wake up C who was sleeping on a mattress in the play area. R had been waking up, stretching and cooing in his bouncy seat as all of this was going on. The next thing I heard was the sound of A and M coming down the stairs. The gang was all awake.

I headed into the kitchen and started to make breakfast so I could get it into the oven. The girls played and watched me on the computer as it baked. Once it was ready, I got it out of the oven and onto everyone's plates so we were happily settled in eating. I had a bottle heating for R so as soon as I had eaten I sat down to feed him.

At about 8 am Tom got up. I have had a great day so far. Too bad it is spoiled by a few hours work.

Comments

Popular Posts